How to Fix a Clogged Toilet
Clogged toilet is one of those nightmares that haunts every person. There is nothing more terrifying than an overflowing toilet. Not only it spoils the beautiful floor of your toilet, but also creates a nasty smell along with spoiling your day. While many reasons cause a clogged toilet, but quite often it is toilet paper and other such things that build up over time.
To be honest, toilet clogging becomes even worse when you are at someone’s house, you are done with your job, pressed the flush button, but instead of the waste material swirling down the bowl, comes back up.
Now, it isn’t a problem! You simply need to learn a few tips and practice around to home repair your clogged toilets in a matter of minutes.
Today, ShopToilet will tell you how to fix a clogged toilet. It doesn’t require any costly tools nor does it worsens the condition. Take your time to read our step-by-step guide for fixing your home clogged toilets.
Steps to Fix a Clogged Toilet
Firstly, we need to grab the tools! You will need:
- A Plunger.
- A Plumbing Snake.
Working with the Plunger
The plunger is a rubber flange that helps pull out the stuck materials. It works like a pump with the only difference that you are making hand motions. Here is how you have to use the plunger.
- Gently push the plunger inside the bowl. Don’t try to push in with too much force; else the air tight bell would thrust out, splashing all the water on you and your bathroom.
- Once you force the air out, now start plunging vigorously in and out. This forces the water in and out with a force that loosens the clogs. Repeat it for about 10-20 times.
- You should try to change the force of the strokes as well. At times, do it vigorously and on the same hand try with gentle push?
- Make sure that there is enough water inside the toilet’s bowl. This will keep the plunger covered.
In 90% of the cases, this will clear all the stuck clog in your toilet. In case it doesn’t grab the plumbing snake.
Working with the Plumbing Snake
The plumbing snake is a long flexible wire with a corkscrew tip that helps to pull snag the clog and then pull it out of the toilet’s bowl. Here is how to use it.
- Put the corkscrew face of the plumbing snake inside the bowl and push it inside till it reaches the clogged area.
- Now twist it in a clockwise direction so that the tip screws inside the clog and breaks it.
- Keep on twisting and then pull it out gently. In most of the cases, it pulls out the clog along with it.
For better results, you should try the plunger and plumbing snake together. Firstly use the plumbing snake to break the clog and then vigorously plunge the toilet.
Click here to check the best toilets selection that never gets clogged!
Hope this guide worked for you. Do share your results with us in the comment section.