Everybody hates that nasty smell rising from the toilet bowl even after flushing it a hundred times.
Even though, many commercial cleaners are there in the market, containing some strong chemicals, usually considered unsafe both for the environment and people.
So, looking for a safer alternative can not only help keep your toilet bright and fresh but also safe for you and the environment.
This is where my creative minds kick in and curiously tells you how to make your own homemade deodorizer that can be applied to the toilet’s bowl and can effectively clean it off and prevent that smell. You might be interested in How to make a Homemade Toilet Cleaner.
Most of the ingredients we’ll be using are likely to be available in your pantry. If not, fetch them from the nearest store!
Make Your Toilet Bowl Deodorizer
- Take 2 cups of water and pour them into a small pitcher. Also, add two tablespoons of baking soda to the water.
- Now stir the water and baking soda using a wooden spoon. You can also use a plastic one. Now add two tablespoons of vinegar to the water and baking soda. Upon mixing, you will see a slight foam appearing in the deodorizer.
- Next you have to add one tablespoon of any essential oil. You can use yours favorite one. Rosemary is a great option to consider. Stir it well and pour it in a 12-oz. Spray bottle.
- Start spraying this mixture on the inside of the toilet bowl and let the deodorizer sit there for at least 20-30 minutes.
- After 20-30 minutes take a toilet brush and start scrubbing the inside of the toilet bowl. The vinegar in the deodorizer helps to grind through the debris, loosens it and removes it from the surface of the toilet.
- Repeat the process whenever needed!
Although it is a natural homemade deodorizer, still we recommend you to treat it as a chemical cleaner because of the ingredients present in it. Make sure that you keep the spray bottle in a safe spot, out of the reach of the children and pets. In the case of a suspected ingestion, immediately seek medical attention.
Before concluding our discussion, let us go through the list of ingredients we used in the whole process.
Try using normal water. Not too cold or warm! Use the regular tap water.
2: Small Pitcher
You can find it in the backyard. We all have one such wandering around in our lawn.
3: Baking Soda
Commonly used in cooking food. No specific brand required. However, you can buy extra from the market to use it for future.
4: Plastic or Wooden Spoon
Wooden is recommended because stirring might break the plastic spoon. A metallic spoon would also be perfect.
Regular vinegar used in food!
6: Essential Oils
Some of them might be a bit expensive but not much. Just go on with your choice. Any would work!
7: Toilet Brush
Hidden behind the toilet seat.
Check out kohler toilet reviews for your bathroom. Kohler toilets are always nice looking and have shining surfaces. Most of them have EverClean surface which automatically prevents, germs, bacteria and other harmful organisms to stay on toilet. Take some time have a look on kohler toilets. Or may be check some other top flushing toilets.