Last Updated on
You never know when a foreign object or a clump of tissue will get stuck in the u-bend of your toilet, causing a blockage in the toilet. In most cases, people would opt for a plunger, but sometimes it can get a little messy. If you are using a plunger for the first time, you may not be aware that a clogged toilet has air inside it, and when you push the plunger and then pull it out, it will push the water out towards you with pressure. More likely it will spill over you and the bathroom floor.
Best TOTO Toilets, American Standard toilets, and best rated Kohler toilets are very rarely being clogged. So If you have any of these and its under warranty, call support to get it fixed or to be replaced.
Unclog a Toilet Without a Plunger
So, here is an exclusive method that tells you how you can unclog a toilet without a plunger.
- Take an average-sized bucket and fill it with steamy hot
- Now add your regular dishwashing liquid in the bowl of your clogged toilet or chop a bar of soap into small pieces inside the bowl.
- Now carefully lift the bucket and pour the hot water into the toilet to dissolve the liquid or the soap. It helps to unclog the toilet drain quickly by sliding the clogged objects down the sides of the pipes.
- You can pour another bucket of hot water to ensure that the clogged matter is fully drained out.
- Finally, flush the toilet 3-4 times. This will fully clear your toilet.
Here is another method. A bit messy, but it will help to unclog the toilet. Follow the below steps.
- Wear the long rubber gloves. You guessed it right we are going inside the toilet’s bowl. Now take a spare or a dirty container and remove as much water as you can from the bowl of the toilet. Take a spare bucket as well to pour that water into the bucket.
- Now take a large plastic bottle and fill it with hot water. Wearing your rubber gloves, keep your thumb on the top, fit the top of the bottle into the outlet at the bottom of your toilet.
- Remove your thumb and then squeeze the bottle so that the hot water shoots into the toilet’s drain. In most of the cases, the pressure would dislodge the clog. You should also wear eye protection glasses while doing this. You never know when the water splashes.
- Now fill another bucket with hot water and pour it directly into the bowl of the toilet. If you are lucky, the water level will go down indicating that the clog has cleared.
- Repeat the steps 3-4 times.
- Once the clog has cleared, flush a few times to clear the bowl and the pipe.
Important: Please be careful with handling the bucket of hot water and do wear the rubber gloves. Also, make sure that no children are around while unclogging the toilet.
If you are looking to buy the best toilet, read complete reviews of toilets on our website.